Thursday, June 18, 2015

Moment by Moment A Devotional Journal for girls by Jennifer Flanders-- A Review

This book is designed to get you thinking. There’s no right or wrong way to complete it. You may use these pages to record thoughts, compose poetry, set goals, write prayers, paste photographs, paint pictures, draw sketches, make lists, tape mementos—or a combination of any or all of the above. My goal in creating this little journal is to inspire you to think deeply about some of life’s biggest questions, such as: Who are you? Why are you here? How can you live with meaning and purpose? And as you think through your answers to these questions, I hope you’ll enjoy using the space provided to write down your thoughts.







Biography

Jennifer Flanders graduated from Dallas Baptist University in 1986 with a bachelor's degree in mathematics. She completed two years of graduate work at SMU in the same field before she and her husband, Dr. Doug Flanders, started their family. She took her final final just two weeks before their first son was born. Since that time, the author has put her math background to good use by "staying home to multiply." (It has also come in handy as she's home schooled their twelve children, teaching counting to calculus, and everything in between).
You can read more from Jennifer by visiting her blog (http://lovinglifeathome.com) where she writes about marriage and motherhood, or by visiting the Flanders' family website (http://www.flandersfamily.info) where she shares tips on organization, saving money, home schooling, and family fun. Jennifer often speaks on the same topics to community, church, and school groups. In her "spare" time, Jennifer enjoys reading, singing, playing with her kids and grandkids, visiting with her husband, and doing a wide variety of needle crafts.


This book can be purchased at Amazon in paperback.


This book fascinated me when I saw it online. I grabbed the book for my 9 year old daughter to use as part of her devotions. She likes to draw and doodle so I thought she might enjoy using this. I flipped through the pages when I received it in the mail and I was very impressed with the different sections to fill out and all the ways it incorporated Scripture. I also like the fact that my daughter can write what she thinks or feels and she can also draw pictures and things to describe her thoughts and feelings. Jennifer has done a fantastic job making journaling a fun and thought provoking process girls can get into. I also really enjoyed the old fashioned feel to the journal. It is almost as if they are writing in an antique diary. I highly recommend this to anyone who has girls ages 8 and up (in my opinion). A perfect way to encourage young ladies to write down their thoughts, prayers and concerns. Most definitely a wonderful companion to any devotional or just added to daily Bible reading. I have also found several other devotional journals by Jennifer that I would like to purchase.

I received this book through Book Crash blogger review program in exchange for my review. A positive review was not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!