Monday, June 15, 2015

Gone Without A Trace by Patricia Bradley--A Review

It's been more than two years since homicide detective Livy Reynolds's cousin disappeared from Logan Point. Unlike most people in her hometown, Livy has never believed that Robyn left voluntarily. When Dallas private investigator Alex Jennings contacts Livy concerning a missing senator's daughter who was last seen in Logan Point, she notices eerie similarities between the two disappearances. But with self-doubt plaguing her and an almost instant dislike of Jennings, Livy is finding this investigation an uphill battle. With her future in law enforcement on the line, can she find a way to work with a man who is her polar opposite?

Award-winning author Patricia Bradley keeps readers on the edge of their seats as they anticipate the outcome of the case--and the relationship between Livy and Alex--which is anything but certain.






Author Bio
Patricia Bradley's manuscript for Shadows of the Past was a finalist for the 2012 Genesis Award, winner of a 2012 Daphne du Maurier award (1st place, Inspirational), and winner of a 2012 Touched by Love award (1st place, Contemporary). Also the author of A Promise to Protect, Bradley is a published short story writer and is co-founder of Aiming for Healthy Families, Inc. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and Romance Writers of America and makes her home in Mississippi. Learn more at www.ptbradley.com.

You can purchase the book at Amazon in paperback and Kindle edition. It can also be purchased at CBD and Deeper Shopping

Drama, Suspense, Mystery, Romance, this book has it all. Once I started this book I couldn't put it down. I thought as I read that I had figured out who the "bad guy" was but when I reached the end I was surprised to learn who it was and that I was wrong! The writer did an excellent job of giving you just enough information to make you think you know the end, but not so much that she gave it away. I was constantly second guessing who I thought it could be!  And although this was the third book in the series, I at no time felt as if I were missing something from not having read the other books.  Her writing was excellent and her characters were very well developed and intriguing. She also tied off the main character's stories very well and I didn't feel as if I was left hanging. I have read books at times that made me feel as if the story wasn't finished, but the book was.  This book most definitely was not like that. She kept me engaged the whole time and at no time during the book did I feel bored.  
I will definitely be reading more by Patricia. 
I received this book from Revell Publishing in exchange for my review. A positive review was not required.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!