Saturday, June 20, 2015

Five Brides by Eva Marie Everson--A Review

One dress, five women, a lifetime of memories.
Five single, fiercely independent women live together in a Chicago apartment in the early 1950s but rarely see one another. One Saturday afternoon, as they are serendipitously together downtown, they spy a wedding dress in a storefront window at the famous Carson, Pirie, Scott & Co. After trying it on—much to the dismay of the salesclerk and without a single boyfriend or date between the five of them—they decide to pool their money to purchase it. Can one dress forever connect five women who live together only a short time before taking their own journeys to love and whatever comes happily ever after?



BIO
Eva Marie Everson was born and brought up near Savannah, Georgia. A seminary graduate and former nurse-turned-Christian novelist, her previous books include The Potluck Club, Things Left Unspoken, and Chasing Sunsets.

Eva Marie Everson currently resides in the state of Florida. 


Purchase Five Brides at Amazon in paperback and Kindle edition, CBD in paperback and Deeper Shopping in paperback.




" We make our plans, but God directs our steps"
Betty, Evelyn, Joan, Magda, and Inga. Five women who started out as strangers and room mates and ended up friends with an awesome bond. Each love story different but tied together by a beautiful dress and a true desire for the will of God in their lives.

What a wonderful love story! I devoured this book for hours on end. I couldn't put it down! To be perfectly honest, when I received the book and saw how big it was, I was afraid it would be too wordy or detailed and boring. But I couldn't have been more wrong.This book was a perfect balance of facts and details to go along with the story itself.I have found myself drawn to WWII (30's, 40's, and 50's) era in my reading and this book certainly didn't disappoint in that area. I enjoyed each character and felt they were portrayed in a way that was believable and entertaining. As a matter of fact, at one point during the book, one of the secondary characters was so believable as a horrible person, I wanted to ring their neck myself! I also enjoyed the fact that the romance was down to earth and real life, not that sickeningly sweet, lovey dovey, fake stuff. I found myself cheering each love story on and turning page after page to see what happened. 

 This book would be a wonderful edition to anyone's timeless romance library. I most definitely see myself re-reading this. Be prepared to read and re-read this book over and over!

I received Five Brides  from the publisher through the tyndale blogger network program in exchange for my personal review. A positive review was not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!