Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Irish Meadows by Susan Anne Mason

Brianna and Colleen O'Leary know their Irish immigrant father expects them to marry well. Recently he's put even more pressure on them, insinuating that the very future of their Long Island horse farm, Irish Meadows, rests in their ability to land prosperous husbands. Both girls, however, have different visions for their futures.
Brianna, a quiet girl with a quick mind, dreams of attending college. Vivacious Colleen, meanwhile, is happy to marry--as long as her father's choice meets her exacting standards of the ideal groom. When former stable hand Gilbert Whelan returns from business school and distant relative Rylan Montgomery visits Long Island during his seminary training, the two men quickly complicate everyone's plans.
As the farm slips ever closer to ruin, James O'Leary grows more desperate. It will take every ounce of courage for both sisters to avoid being pawns in their father's machinations and instead follow their hearts. And even if they do, will they inevitably find their dreams too distant to reach?


You can purchase this book at Amazon in paperback and Kindle Edition. It can also be purchased at CBD in paperback and ebook format. Also at Deeper Shopping in paperback.


Author Bio
Susan Anne Mason's debut historical novel, Irish Meadows, won the Fiction from the Heartland contest from the Mid-American Romance Authors Chapter of RWA. A member of ACFW, as well, she lives outside of Toronto, Ontario, with her husband and two children. She can be found online at www.susanannemason.com.


Brianna and Colleen must each fight to follow their own path in life. Will their father allow it? Will life's circumstances make their dreams impossible? Will they let God's will rule in their life?
I really enjoyed this book! I was completely overtaken by each character and the story for each one. I enjoyed the plot and the setting very much. Brianna was a very well thought out character and I was able to feel what she felt, almost as if I was in the story myself. Colleen was the character who surprised me the most. I started out not liking her but by the middle of the book I really had grown to love her and felt a new found compassion for her. The leading men were both wonderful additions to the story. Gil, a great picture of a big brother and friend as well as a love interest. Rylan, I spent the whole book hoping he would change the plan for his life because I liked him and his story.  Both men were strong and compassionate, but they also had a desire to serve God and do His will which made them all the more attractive as a character.
This book was exciting and fulfilling in every aspect. The most surprising part of the book for me was how much drama and excitement was in the book along with the romance. The reason I was surprised by this is because added to the story in a way that made me want to read more and learn more about. I didn't feel like it was just thrown in as an after thought. The romance was tasteful and believable. I felt as if this could have been a true story, not just some silly romance novel. 
Susan was a new author author to me when I started this book, but now she is definitely on my list of favorite authors. You will not be disappointed in purchasing this book. It's a fantastic read and well worth your time and money!
I received this book from Bethany House ( a division of Baker publishing) in exchange for my review.   

As an added bonus I thought I'd show you how I pictured the two sisters in the novel.


This is who I pictured for Brianna.















                                                                                                                                                                           
This is who I saw as Colleen

Happy Reading Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!