Monday, January 4, 2016

The Tears of Dark Water by Corbin Addison

Daniel and Vanessa Parker are an American success story. He is a Washington, DC, power broker, and she is a physician with a thriving practice. But behind the gilded façade, their marriage is a shambles, and their teenage son, Quentin, is self-destructing. In desperation, Daniel dusts off a long-delayed dream - a sailing trip around the world. Little does he know, the voyage he hopes will save them may destroy them instead. Half a world away on the lawless coast of Somalia, Ismail Adan Ibrahim is living a life of crime in violation of everything he was raised to believe - except for the love and loyalty driving him to hijack ships for ransom and plot the rescue of his sister, Yasmin, from the man who murdered their father. There is nothing he will not do to save her, even if it means taking innocent lives. Paul Derrick is the FBI's top hostage negotiator. His twin sister, Megan, is a celebrated defense attorney. They have reached the summit of their careers by savvy, grit, and a secret determination to escape the memory of the day their family died. When Paul is dispatched to handle a hostage crisis at sea, he has no idea how far it will take him and Megan into the past - or the chance it will give them to redeem the future. Across continents and oceans, through storms and civil wars, the paths of these individuals converge in a single, explosive moment. It is a moment that will test them and break them, but it will also leave behind an unexpected glimmer of hope - that out of the ashes of tragedy and misfortune, the seeds of justice and reconciliation can grow.




Available @ Amazon as well as other retailers



Corban AddisonBiography

Corban Addison is the author of the international bestselling novels, A Walk Across the Sun and The Garden of Burning Sand, which address international human rights issues within the framework of deeply researched and compelling human stories. An attorney, activist, and world traveler, he is a supporter of numerous humanitarian causes, including the abolition of modern slavery, gender-based violence, and HIV/AIDS. He lives with his wife and children in Virginia.



My Thoughts
I was so disappointed in this book. I knew when I received it in the mail it would be a read for me that was different than what I normally read but I really wanted to read it. The plot is very intriguing. When I started the book I thought that I was going to like it. That's when all the bad language started. Since this book was sent to me by Thomas Nelson Publishers (which is supposed to be a Christian publishing company) I was shocked when I read the amount of language in the book. I have to admit this tainted my whole view of the book. Until I got to all the bad language, I actually kind of liked the book. It is fairly well written but it changes between the points of view of several of the characters which is not always a favorite of mine. I received this book from The Fiction Guild in exchange for my review. A positive review was not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!