Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The English Proposal by Jenna Brandt

The English Proposal: Christian Victorian Era Historical (Window to the Heart Saga Book 1) by [Brandt, Jenna]                                                     


















To follow the heart or the head—torn between two men—which future will Lady Margaret choose? Profoundly romantic and superbly riveting, The English Proposal explores the conflict between fulfilling duties and satiating desires.

The English Proposal (Book 1). Sheltered on her family’s country estate, Lady Margaret, the daughter of an English Earl, is betrothed due to a family promise. Although Henry, the Viscount Rolantry, has been her best friend since childhood and she is expected to marry him, she never felt butterflies until she meets the Duke of Witherton. Against her father’s wishes, Margaret finds herself captivated by the forbidden duke. Caught between family loyalty and her own wishes, Margaret searches for a way to satisfy both her responsibilities and her longings. When tragedy strikes, Margaret finds herself seeking answers at church. But when she finally makes her choice, through her newfound faith, will she be able to live with the repercussions of her decision?

Window to the Heart Saga: a recountal of the epic journey of Lady Margaret, a young English noblewoman, who through many trials, obstacles, and tragedies, discovers her own inner strength, the sustaining force of faith in God, and the power of family and friends. In this three-part series, experience new places and cultures as the heroine travels from England to France and completes her adventures in America. The series has compelling themes of love, loss, faith and hope with a exceptionally gratifying conclusion.




I was approached through email by the author of this book to ask if I could review this book for her. I'll be honest and say I wasn't sure what to say because I have a very full review schedule right now. Boy am I glad that I said yes. Y'all this book will keep you turning the pages and trust me you are gonna be begging for book 2. I know I was. I am very excited to get to read book 2.

Today's Question:
Do you read Indy/self published authors?
If you do comment with your favorites.

Check out what I thought, then leave your answers.


Jenna BrandtBiography

My name is Jenna Brandt and I am a Christian historical fiction author and my books span from the Victorian to Western eras with elements of romance, suspense and faith.

I have been an avid reader since I could hold a book and started writing stories almost as early. I have been published in several newspapers as well as edited for multiple papers. I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in English from Bethany College and was the Editor-in-Chief of my college newspaper. I'm an on-going contributor for The Mighty Website and my first Blog was published on Yahoo Parenting and The Grief Toolbox as well as featured on the ABC News and Good Morning America websites.



Window to the Heart Saga
Book 1: The English Proposal
Book 2: The French Encounter
Book 3: The American Conquest
Releasing in May-June-July 2017




Here is what I thought.....
Be still my heart! What a fantastic read. I started this book one day and finished it the next. I couldn't stop reading. I enjoyed the characters very much and I think that my favorite was a tie between Henry and Margaret's father. The setting was also very enjoyable. I must say this book had way more action than I thought it would. Jenna has successfully made me a fan of a man with a sword! The villain in this book made me want to crawl in the book and smack him myself. I couldn't believe how this book ended and I'm dying for book 2. I know once I read it I will be begging for book three too. The only caution I would give is to those under 13. There are several very sensual scenes I don't feel would be appropriate for children or pre-teens. These scenes aren't graphic or overly descriptive. I highly recommend this book for anyone over the age of 12. I received a copy of the book from the author for free. A positive review was not required. All opinions are my own.  

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!