Monday, December 28, 2015

A Christmas to Remember

It has been a long week!
Wrapping presents, making cookies and candy, spending time with friends and family.
I haven't really blogged at all this week with everything going on, but I thought I'd take a minute to tell all y'all about my Christmas week.

My girls and I had such a blast last Tuesday baking yummy treats with friends to have with our Christmas. I always enjoy spending time with these friends, as they can always lift my spirits and make me smile. On Christmas Eve I spent the morning with my Nana making candy for our Christmas dinner. Later that evening I went to a Christmas Eve candle light service. What a wonderful way to focus on our Savior, not just His birth but on the cross as well. On Jesus coming to save us from our sins.
We spent Christmas with my extended family. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents! All total I think there are almost 30 of us! It is usually a fun time of visiting and talking and laughing. Of course there are also PRESENTS!
We spent Christmas with my parents the day after Christmas. We had even more fun and food and fellowship.
This Christmas my husband and children and I are treading new waters. My mother in law passed away a couple months ago and Christmas was her favorite. That being said she spent Christmas in heaven, which to us is a wonderful gift. For those of you who might be experiencing the same thing this Christmas season, I completely understand.
I have enjoyed this Christmas, even with all of the ups and downs. I always love to watch my girls open their presents and play with their new toys and games. They have such grateful hearts and I only hope I can continue to cultivate that as they get older.
I have actually been thinking about something a friend of mine asked me the other day. She asked me about my word for the year. She explained that each year she chooses a word to use as a goal, so to speak, for the year. I have been thinking about trying this for myself. Something to keep me focused on Christ and my goals for my family this coming year. I will be updating you all on my word for the year, so stay tuned.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. So.... when are you sharing your word?? Have you decided yet? I can't wait to hear the final decision and why that is your word.
    Love you friend. Sorry your Christmas was different this year, but thankful that God's plans are always so much better for us than we can every imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!