Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Top Five

Ok so I know I have posted a lot this week but I came up with this idea to give y'all a top five of the best books I have read. I thought I might do this ever so often, to give y'all some options to fill your reading lists. I am going back to my younger years with these. These are the books that first turned me on to adult Christian fiction.


1)  Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
This book was probably the first adult christian fiction that I read growing up and to this day this is probably still my favorite. Here is a complete list of this series:
1) Love Comes Softly
2) Love's Enduring Promise
3) Love's Long Journey
4) Love's Abiding Joy
5) Love's Unending Legacy
6) Love's Unfolding Dream
7) Love Takes Wing
8) Love Finds a Home

2) Roses For Mama by Janette Oke

This is another one of my favorites and yes it is by the same author. This one touched my heart as a sister with younger siblings and again still one of my all time favorites.

3) Nana's Gift by Janette Oke
Same author I know, but once you start reading her stuff you won't be able to stop!

4)  Saint Ben by John Fischer
Get your Kleenex box out for this one! This is an amazing story of true friendship and learning how to fill the Jesus shaped hole in our hearts. Be for warned you will cry! There is also a second book to this called The Saints and Angels Song, which is also a good read. I had trouble finding his online so if you find it, snatch it up!

5) Seasons of Grace Series by Beverly Lewis 

This is a fantastic series by Beverly Lewis. I read this within the last year or two and I couldn't put it down. I was at my library everyday trying to get the next one, because I wanted so much to see what was going to happen. This is a three book series. The Titles are:
1) The Secret
2) The Missing
3) The Telling

These are some awesome books I hope you will try as I know I have several friends searching for new books to read. The best part about all of these books is you don't have to wait for the next in the series to come out. These are oldies but goodies and they are sure to please.

Happy reading, y'all!



1 comment:

  1. I loved the Beverly Lewis series!! It really impacted me during a tough time in my life. And Honestly, how could anyone NOT like Janette Oke? Her Love Comes Softly series was amazing, as well as the one with the Canadian Mountie. Have you read that one?
    I have not read Saint Ben... so bring to me :-) I would love to borrow!!

    Keep up the good work on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!