Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Song by Chris Fabry


Jed King’s life has been shaped by the songs and mistakes of his famous father. He wants to sing his own song, but the words and melody are elusive. Haunted by the scars inflicted by his broken family, Jed’s dreams of a successful music career seem out of reach . . . until he meets Rose.

As romance quickly blooms, Jed pens a new song and suddenly finds himself catapulted into stardom. But with this life of fame comes temptation, the same temptation that lured his father so many years ago.

Set in the fertile mid-South, this quest for success leads Jed and Rose on a journey that will force them to deal with the pain of loss, failure, and the desire to be who God created them to be.

Lyrical and deeply honest, The Song asks the hard questions of love and forgiveness. When even the wisest of men are fools in love, can true love persevere?




Purchase the book at Amazon,




I was born in West Virginia in 1961. I read a lot, but not very fast, and wrote poems, songs, and transcribed Marx Brothers movies and memorized dialogue.

In 1984 I met Jerry Jenkins at Moody Bible Institute. He offered to help me learn to write and I took him up on the offer. In 1998, Jerry and Dr. Tim LaHaye hired me to help write the Left Behind: The Kids series. After that I worked on several other series for children and then published my first adult novel in 2008. It took more than six years to write Dogwood and find a publisher. It received a 2009 Christy Award.

My next novel, June Bug, drew its themes from the classic Victor Hugo tale, Les Miserables. Then, Almost Heaven released and also won a Christy Award, as well as the 2011 Christian Book Award for Fiction.

Not in the Heart is another riveting, suspenseful, and yet relational story. A mystery within a mystery within an addiction. I dedicate it to all who have someone in their life who is addicted. This story also received a Christy award.

Borders of the Heart is my nod toward some of the great western writers--Cormac McCarthy and Larry McMurtry. It's a love story, a painful story of loss, a mystery, and an edge-of-your-seat thriller. I hope you enjoy the ride through Tucson and the surrounding area as much as I did.

In the past year I've also had the opportunity to craft novels based on film screenplays. The motion picture The Song released in September 2014, with my novel developed from Richard L. Ramsey's screenplay following later that year. I recently completed work on the novelization of War Room, the latest film produced by the Kendrick brothers (Courageous, Fireproof). Both film and novel were released in August 2015.

I graduated from the W. Page Pitt School of Journalism at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. I have been married to Andrea since 1982. We have nine children. In October of 2008 our family evacuated our house in Colorado, leaving behind all our belongings because of a toxic mold situation. Since then we have been living near Tucson, Arizona, working on recovering our health after the mold exposure.

Stop by my website at www.chrisfabry.com to learn more about my writing and radio endeavors, and be sure to sign up for my online newsletter, the FABRYGRAM. I can also be found on Facebook and Twitter, or you can email me at chris@chrisfabry.com.


My Thoughts
I absolutely loved this book! I have found a new favorite author in Chris Fabry. This book is beautifully written and made me want to see the movie even more. The way this book intertwines the Song of Solomon and the story of the main characters is amazing. Such a great biblical emphasis throughout the book. The characters were wonderfully done. Each one was real to life and believable and engaging. I was so engrossed in this book and I couldn't put it down. It amazes me how well Chris can take the script of a movie and make it into a need to read, can't put it down book. I will always read stuff by Chris when it is made available to me. His style and talent make it easy to read and enjoy his books. 
This book is a beautiful journey through the art and struggle of marriage and of how forgiveness is possible if we can only try to forgive. This story is emotional and heart warming and somewhat sensual and private all at the same time. It does have a few love scenes that are emotionally charged. Nothing inappropriate but definitely eye opening. I cannot wait to see this movie but I know that it cannot possibly be as good as this book is. Read it and I promise you will feel the same.     
I was blessed with a copy of this book by TBCN  in exchange for my review. A positive review was not required.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!