Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Single Dad Next Door by Jessica Keller

Love Comes Home

All Maggie West has ever wanted is a family to call her own. But her new neighbor, single dad Kellen Ashby, is definitely not the man to make that dream come true. His daughters are sweet and silly, the kind of kids Maggie used to imagine having herself. But Kellen has just inherited the inn Maggie manages—her former family home—and the two butt heads at almost every turn. He's handsome, and clearly a devoted father, but with all the changes taking place, Maggie worries she may soon be jobless, homeless or both. At war with her emotions, Maggie will have to decide what truly matters—heart or home.






                                                                 
 You can purchase this book at Amazon, CBD and Deeper Shopping.
 


Biography
A Starbucks drinker, avid reader, semi-professional fangirl, and chocolate aficionado, Jessica spends way too much time on Tumblr and Twitter. She writes both Young Adult Fiction and Inspirational Romance.

As a child Jessica possessed the dangerous combination of too much energy coupled with an over-active imagination. This pairing led to more than seven broken bones, countless scars, and plenty of story ideas.

Oddly enough, she's worked as a zookeeper, a librarian, camp counselor, horse wrangler, housekeeper, and finance clerk, but now loves her full-time work for a local municipality. As far as writing goes, she dreams on paper late into the night while the rest of the world sleeps.

Jessica lives in the Midwest with her amazing husband and very giggly daughter. To learn more about Jessica Keller please visit
www.jessicakellerbooks.com


My Thoughts
Maggie West is struggling through life, she has given up on any hope she ever had of a happy life and family. She is just doing what she can to keep on keeping on. Then, Kellen Ashby rolls into town.
He is handsome but he is also her new boss. He doesn't really know it but he holds her whole life in his hands. Can she let go and let God?
I really enjoyed this book. I used to love to read the Love Inspired books as a teenager, but they were somewhat simple with a very quick storyline and not much content. I am happy to say this book was very different than the ones I remembered. Jessica's book had emotion and drama and it felt like real life. It was believable and engaging. I couldn't put the book down. It was fast moving and kept my attention throughout. Each character tugged at my heartstrings and made me like them and want to see them succeed. I loved Kellen's two little girls Skylar and Ruthy, they reminded me so much of my two girls. The most surprising part of this book was the amount of spiritual content. Lots of great Scriptures and references to God and his will.
Such a refreshing change to the pocket books that I used to read. I would say anything by Jessica Keller is going to be worth reading. Her writing style was great. Just enough detail, while still managing to get to the point of the story. I am definitely a new fan of hers for sure. Worth the price and worth the time to read. The Single Dad Next Door doesn't disappoint.
I was blessed with this book by the author as part of her street team in exchange for my review.
 
 5 Stars *****
 paperback, 217 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!